Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kitbash 1/6 Hong Kong Police Force Figure - PTU Sergeant

Yeah!! After weeks of procrastination, I've finally decided to kick-start my own toy blog. And as promised to my toy-collecting sensei, Shaun (sorry buddy - I know I self-appointed you as my sensei), My 1st post shall be about my spoils from Hong Kong...

Before I bore you with more text, here's a preview of how it looks like (taken with absolute amateurish skills on my point n shoot):

lassic hands on the belt pose while on the beat






PTU is the Acronym for Police Tactical Unit. The PTU is a paramilitary unit of the Hong Kong Police Force. The Police Tactical Unit provides an immediate manpower reserve for use in any emergency. Police Tactical Unit companies are attached to all land Regions and are available for internal security, crowd control, anti-crime operations, disaster response and riot control throughout Hong Kong. The Police Tactical Unit is often referred as the 'Blue Berets' by Hong Kong locals, which is in reference to the blue berets worn as part of the uniform. -taken from wikipedia

This particular uniform (with long sleeves & tie) is worn during the winter and also comes with a jacket (which I will feature in Part 2 of this post).

Some of you may have come accross the PTU in the movie and movie-series by Johnnie To which stars the ultra-manly Simon Yam:



You may have noticed that my figure actually looks like another actor - whom I hope most of you would have recognised. Yup - it's Andy Lau. I would have prefered Simon Yam's Head-sculpt but I did not manage to find it. Admittedly the HS has a rather glossy feel but like I said, I did not really have a lot of choices there that I liked. I'll end part 1 of this post with a close-up on the HS:



Alrite then... will continue with part 2 soon.. Ciao...

5 comments:

  1. Great start bro. Very cool equipment. Not sure bout the sensei bit though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it up man :) hope to see MORE - let's help share the passion & spread the 'poison' haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys!!

    Thanks for the encouragement. Please give me your honest comments for me to improve on my blog.

    @ Shaun
    Haha pai sei bro... thanks for tips on Gundam modelling anyway.. =)

    @ Alex

    Yup will do my part to spread the poison.. War Machine's finally arrived!! Can't wait to collect it..

    And when are those weapon racks from SS coming man... I'm growing impatient.. haha


    cheers

    WL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the 1/6 world..Enjoy collecting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Desmond,

    thanks for the welcome!! Welcome to my blog too..

    Cheers

    WL

    ReplyDelete