Sunday, November 21, 2010

Preview: 1/6 DiD Major Richards 101st Airborne - Zim Zam Goddamn, We're Airborne Infantry!


"We put upon the risers"
"We fall upon the grass"
"We never land upon our feet"
"We always hit our ass"
"Hidee tidee Christ Almighty"
"Who the hell are we?"
"Zim Zam Goddamn"
"We're Airborne Infantry!!" 



Sounds familiar.. yup, these are the lyrics of the song the boys from Easy company were singing during the run up to Mt. Curahee (those who recall will remember that Easy company was in the middle of nice spaghetti lunch before their CO from Hell - Captain Sobel ordered them up the hill).

At long last, I myself have dragged my own lazy bottom and opened my 1/6 DiD "Major Richards" 101st Airborne figure. Those familiar with the mini-series will know that the figure is actually depicting Major Richard "Dick" Winters (played by Damian Lewis), XO of 2nd Battalion, 506 Paratroop Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division in the mini-series "Band of Brothers".

I pre-ordered this figure almost immediately once it became available and I must say I have not been disappointed. Here's another view of the figure before I roll out the full review with him decked out with all his gear:



2 comments:

  1. Same here, once the figure was up for pre ordered, I quickly pre ordered. Cant wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LPM,

    Review coming coming soon...

    Cheers

    WL

    ReplyDelete